How To Find Belkin Router IP
The Belkin router is the best router available in the market today. Why can it be said so? Because it enables surfing the web, emailing and instant messaging. All this is accomplished very fast, and within minutes and of course with a secure network.
So when compared with other brands present in the market, the Belkin Router is often sold out. This in itself speaks about its growing popularity. In fact to recount its various features,
- First and foremost is that the Belkin Router is 2x faster than g, ports
- It uses N technology thereby giving speeds of up to 150mbps and is also compatible with g-technology.
- It is powered by multibeam technology which means a higher-powered signal throughout the required area. In other words, it provides maximum coverage with powerful signals all throughout.
- It comes with a unique security code which makes it safer.
- Considering the heavy-duty features, the setup is very simple. The whole thing can be set up in about just three steps.
- The Ethernet ports provided is 5 and the wattage is 1.00
The reviews provided by the users of this product have stated that the Belkin Router provides consistent performance and the best part is that it is very easy to set up. The speed provided too is very good when compared with the area or range provided. The best part is that the price is reasonable.
Coming to some of the technical set up details of the Belkin router, sometimes, when the router’s web-based setup page has to be accessed, the user has to find out the IP address so that the same can be entered in the address bar of the web browser.
Also, another situation requiring the local IP address of a Belkin Router is when the user has to assign the IP address to a computer while assigning the static IP address and to find out the IP address range and Default gateway.
For this the process is simple. First and foremost the computer and the router have to be connected properly using the Ethernet cable. Ensure that all the connections and the lights are on, both on the computer as well as the Belkin router.
The next step is to check the TCP/IP properties of the Ethernet adapter which is already installed on the computer. Once these steps are taken, then the computer is ready so to speak, to obtain the IP address automatically.
From here that is the IP settings of the computer, the Belkin router IP address can be found out. Just to make it simpler,
If you are using Windows 10, then the process is:
- From the Taskbar, click on the search icon and type cmd
- Select command prompt and from that enter “ ipconfig/all”. Press enter button
- A lot of details come up such as the Hostname, Node name and so on. However, the router’s local IP address will be mentioned under the Default Gateway section.
Sometimes when the above steps are followed, the router may not respond. If you encounter such an issue, there is no need to worry. Simply power cycle your router or do a reset and follow the steps above.
If you are using a Windows 7 vista, then the steps are as follows:
- From the pearl button, open to the search field. Type cmd
- Select cmd from the search results.
- The command prompt window will show up. Here type “ IPconfig/all” and press the enter key.
- From the information which comes up, scroll down to the Default Gateway section wherein the local IP address of your router will be mentioned.
Sometimes a valid default gateway address will not be available. So in such cases, it is time to renew the computer’s TCP/IP settings.
The procedure to get the Belkin router IP from the Apple device is slightly different. The steps to be followed are:
- First click on the Apple icon, then go to System preferences
- Under the system preferences, select “network’
- From there, go to the location and then select Automatic.
- Moving forward, select Ethernet. Under the Router section, the router’s local IP address will be mentioned.
Just like the other devices mentioned above, if you encounter any issue while doing the above steps, then simply power cycle the router or reset it again. Then you can get to find the Belkin router IP address.
The general Belkin Router IP configuration is as follows:
- Router’s IP address is 192.168.2.1 from a new browser window
- 184.108.40.206 is the Belkin router IP default address
- From the internet WAN, the select DNS
- Here enter the Router’s password and after that select or click on Submit
- There is an Automatic from ISP. This message has to be unchecked. Then enter the OpenDNS address and the secondary DNS address details in the DNS address column. The addresses for Open DNS are 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168.
- Lastly, click on the apply changes button.
A word of caution is due for mention here. While configuring the Router, it is always important to set up a password. This is done to avoid any security issues later on. Usually, the default password is always blank, that is there is no preset password. So here in select a strong password which you can easily remember and also which cannot be easily hacked.
A small hint. In case you have trouble remembering passwords or IP addresses, then you can save all the important information is a separate notepad or doc file which is easily accessible. B doing this, al lot on inconvenience and embarrassment is prevented.
Another point worth mentioning while discussing the Belkin router IP is that the position of the Router is vital. Keeping it in a centrally located position will make sure that the signal is available in all the rooms of your home or office.
Following the above steps will ensure that you can enjoy great mobility in your office while using the Belkin router IP to the maximum. So enjoy great internet surfing experience with the Belkin router.